Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Olympics posting

Everyone blogged about Olympics so I might as well jump on the bandwagon considering I've been watching a lot of it. I don't really have much to say for Lee Chong Wei except...you did Malaysia proud for bringing home the silver medal and yourself 300k! That's a lot of shoes and clothes or drinking sessions in your case you know! He didn't exactly play the best game but hey....you win some, you lose some. Besides, Lin Da was amazing on the court. I was cheering for Malaysia of course even when I knew that in the end it was just to make noise around the house mumbling, grumbling and screaming every minute. Congratulations to the winners. Just wished US channels would show more badminton.  

Gymnastics was probably one of the sports I watched the most during Olympics. Hurray for both US and China. It was so difficult choosing who to root for when gymnastics come up. It was a good thing I watched most of it at home, otherwise I would have gotten beaten up when I was pleased by the fact that the He Kexin of China won against Luikin of USA even though the method of judging wasn't very fair. Zheng Fei on the other hand didn't do a good job so it was up to the rest of them to cover her ass. Shawn Johnson was amazing. That smile itself deserves gold! So yes, on the whole I cheered for China for gymnastics against USA. It's not where you are, it's who you are. I guess my Asian blood runs deep. Although I did cheer for the 33 year old woman who won silver and I was happy if an American won. I'm not that bias ok!

But like the rest of US, I cheered for Phelps! He was amazing!!!!! Definitely deserves to be the greatest Olympian in my opinion. Go 1000000 for Baltimore and your mama!!!! Just wish he could give me the secret for staying so thin while consuming 10000 calories a day! Oh yeah, maybe it's training and exercise he goes through. Oh well...I can just go on daydreaming what I could gorge in and still stay thin. 

Beach volleyball was so fun to watch. Both US and China were amazing. Congrats Misty May and Kerri Walsh. Team USA deserved to win. Apart from the game, beach volleyball was such an eye candy! In my opinion, the white uniforms USA wore were the nicest even though someone said China had the best. That's Asian fetish for you.   

Wished I had seen the match for Nadel. Congratulations on being No. 1 player in the world! Boo for Federer this time. I was shocked he lost to Blake. Oh....they were having a US Open event at the W Hotel next to my house 2 nights ago. I was watching from the window trying to spot all the hot players. Too bad I got bored and hungry. Otherwise I could have dressed up and gone downstairs to search for a rich 'player'. Maybe next time....


No comments: