Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Monday, September 17, 2007

Your time is running out

Is it better to throw away the present because you fear there will be no future?

I don't really understand this time factor that everyone keeps using. I hate it when people keep saying "But you will leave after a year!" or "But you WILL eventually leave, right?" as an excuse to make me feel guilty. Why does the fact that I may not stay here forever tap into that insecure part of you of not wanting to even get to know me? The most ironic thing is that they are the same ones who preach about what they have been through in life or how important love is to them but can't even look through that narrow minded skull of theirs to actually take risks once in a while.

Take a relationship for example, how many of it end within a year? Many! But isn't that a beauty of being in a relationship, not knowing when you will be together or break up so that you will enjoy each others company here and now? Same goes with life, right? We don't know if we will live through another day so why not live your life to the fullest everyday. A year is a long time if you make the most of it. Heck, those who know me would know that I've never even been in a relationship for more than 3 months! But I don't think that I will break up with that person after 3 months is up or whatever. Shit just happens but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy being with the person at that time! So why do people use this lame excuse? Is it just a coward way to actually say, "I'm just not really in to you?" or is there more to that? Is there a possibility that someone is looking to spend forever with you when they don't even take the time to know you?

Maybe qualifier number 1 will be "The person has to stay within close proximity for more than 5 years if I want to make sure this can actually go somewhere."
Getting a PR in a friendship/relationship sure sounds a lot like getting a PR for a country right?

Can you imagine if everyone thought like that? Everyone would be so selfish with their time and love. Imagine if I first went into college thinking that I would leave to US to continue my studies and since I AM leaving, I will not put emotions into my friendship or relationship (if I had any) and keep to myself the whole time? Imagine how miserable that would have been! What's more, I wouldn't have been able to meet so many special people that touched my life in so many ways and will always have a place in my heart and most of them are still close friends of mine! (If you're reading this would most probably mean you are one of those people) So next time if a potential love (not just those lovey dovey ones) hits you straight in the face, will you face it head-on or will you run away for fear that they will not stay?

No comments: