Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's your alter ego?

Have you ever wanted to be someone else? Feel like another, love like another and live like another?


For those of you who were once fans of Savage Garden, I'm sure you would have came across the song Santa Monica. The chorus goes something like this:
On the telephone line I am anyone,
I am anything I want to be,
I can be a supermodel or Norman Mailer
And you wouldn't know the difference, Or would you?

Another one I found was when I was reading my professor's blog
and finding out that he reads mine (N̶o̶w̶ I̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ t̶o̶ p̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶ h̶i̶m̶ e̶n̶d̶l̶e̶s̶s̶l̶y̶ a̶n̶d̶ k̶e̶e̶p̶ a̶l̶l̶ t̶h̶e̶ b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶y̶ c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ t̶o̶ m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ s̶o̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ I̶ g̶e̶t̶ A̶'̶s̶ i̶n̶ h̶i̶s̶ c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ *lol*), there was something similar and it goes like this:

Online I’m out in Hollywood
I’m 6 foot 5 and I look damn good.
Even on a slow day
I could have a three way
Chat with two women at a time
I’m so much cooler online
Yeah, I’m cooler online
I’m so much cooler online
Yeah, I’m cooler online
— Brad Paisley, from his hit song, Online

The point I'm trying to make here is we all have our alter ego's. I figured out my alter ego....I would like to be....a BIMBO PRINCESS!

I know....you must be thinking that I already am!But I've seen certain changes in me that verifies it....
  1. My love for pink stuff. When I was young, people would ask your favorite color and girls would usually say pink while boys said blue. I was a blue kid. I hated pink because I thought it was so girly and frilly. Not to say I was a tomboy then (I use to spend 2 hours on my hair but I only spend 10 mins now) but somehow somewhere my brain must have short-circuited. But that has all changed! I'm a girly girl! Even though my mood may be blue (SOMETIMES!) but my stuff sure isn't anymore.Yes, I've accumulated certain stuff that are pinky pinky. Camera,MP3,stationery...and I'm wanting MORE!Bring on the Juicy baby!I wanna be a juicy baby too!
  2. Laziness. Mummy would kill me if she found out the thousands and thousands of dollars spent of education is going down the drain. The truth is...I hate working.I've even suggested to her that I go home and 'supervise' the house so she can get a new maid without worrying. Her answer was............. NO. Awww...
  3. Spending daddy's moolah. Mummy says I'm spoiled rotten. Or I wish I was. What else can I say? Shopping trips, Japan trips, food trips, beach trips blah blah blah.....I could never afford it on my own...but just a hug, a kiss and some sweet words (including some beers and karaoke sessions) is all I need to get it all. Wish I could continue saying this after I graduate. Maybe all I need to do is utter the 3 magic words "I've stopped smoking" and I can continue being daddy's lil princess....You think?When I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things...and then I don't feel so bad.
  4. Bimbo blogs.I've fallen in love with blogs talking about absolute nonsense (think Xia Xue's blog) such as hair extensions, bags and all the Singaporean materialistic kiasuness. It's also pink and glittery!
  5. Designer wear within budget. I always hear people say that they go for design rather than the brand. I've never been one who went for branded stuff but that too has changed. Desmond on the other hand (fashion guru wannabe) have taught me otherwise. His clothes are so outrageous that you wouldn't think of forking out a few extra change let alone a couple hundreds of dollars but he does, and with pleasure too. And it is ALWAYS branded. Maybe its just because I'm in America where you don't really have that many choices when it comes to nice clothes, you might as well go for the brand right? Paradoxically, designer is cheap if you know how to look.
Whether it is to be famous like a rock chick or a politician or an actor...another Maria Sharapova or just a siu lai lai (think Housewives of Orange County...it can also be like mine, a bimbo princess!) ,
let me know...what is YOUR alter ego?

3 comments:

Ling said...

eh, you're already one.
that's NOT your alter ego!
=P

dimsum_inc said...

Hahaha.I knew you would say that.I should have added that YOU are my bimbo idol.

Les Potter said...

You, a bimbo princess? Well, whatever.

As for me, I'd better stick with being what I am. Sure, there are things I'd like to change, but in the end, it is safer and better to simply be me.

But if I could, I'd be a super rich race car driver who sings like Kenny Chesney, dances like Maksim, and plays guitar lie Eric Clapton and is so goodlooking that women -- even bimbo princesses -- fall in love me on the spot.