Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Monday, December 10, 2007

Zettai Katsu! (Sure win)

I'm sitting in my living room enjoying a delicious bowl of Katsudon. I've been craving this for a while now and I finally manage to make it today.Katsudon is a very famous Japanese dish and is basically Fried Pork Cutlet with onions and egg in a bed of rice. In Japan, it is very common for students to eat Katsudon before taking their exams because the word Katsu sounds like "to win" in Japanese. Since I will be having my last exam on Wednesday before graduation, what better time than to indulge in a bowl of Katsudon. Due to the lack of mirin which is usually used in making this dish, I instead made a shoyu-dare version which requires only soy sauce. This is one of the easiest dish to make and I got the recipe off Cool Recipes.

Well the dish turned out quite good considering its my first time!Unfortunately I am not able to show you the full picture because I started eating it only to realize I should take a photo
(and not because it was too ugly ok!) but I will show you part of it.
Yeah and I'm participating in Top Chef next year. This is the katsudon I had in a Japanese restaurant in New York

My masterpiece

Yum yum!!!!! Oishii!!!!

I made 2 portions and there's still one left. It's gonna be tomorrow's lunch unless someone is lucky enough to eat it!

No comments: