Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Monday, July 16, 2007

What's your Japanese subculture?

You Are a Kogyaru!

If it's cute, you'll wear it. Fake and bake, hair bleach, and bright makeup line your bathroom cabinet.
As for clothes - anything that's short and cute ("kawaii!").
You are the prize object of all sorts of men - but you are really looking for a rich foreign guy.
He'll find you out hanging out in Shibuya shopping at the 109, text messaging and sending photos over your cellphone.

Those who know me know that I'm a die hard fan of Japanese culture and lifestyle and that I have lived in Tokyo for a year.Out of curiosity, I took this test and the results say that I'm a Kogyaru (gyaru for short). To me this is an insult and definitely NOT true because for one, I dislike gyaru fashion and just because I enjoy hanging out in Shibuya, wearing schoolgirl outfits (not anymore) and would love to go to Hawaii,that doesn't make me a gyaru!F urthermore look what they label gyaru as! It's also insulting because in my opinion, gyaru is similar to La-la in KL!So below are reasons and pictures of why I'm anti-gyaru!

Reasons why I'm not a gyaru
  • I don't wear Hawaiian prints
  • I don't deliberately date rich foreign guys
  • I don't wear white make up
  • I don't have fake curly blond hair
  • I don't have a fake tan (mine is the real thing, sunburn and all)
  • I don't speak in a high accented Japanese tone
  • I don't use pink Dior bags
Picture taken a few years back in Japan (NOT gyaru)

Still not gyaru. Perhaps Pau Pau should take the test and see...there is potential *winks*.


Oh, I finally got my visa to Japan last week.In another couple of weeks I will be back to the land of the rising sun.BANZAI!



No comments: