Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Monday, July 2, 2007

Back from the dead

Yay!!!My internet is finally fixed!!!!Back to my internet whoring activities.Updates on what I've been up to pre-internet time.I've managed to do some of the stuff like eating and shopping while I'm back. The horrendous amount of food stuffed into my mouth when I first got back (combined with the stress buildup from last semester) resulted in a stomach ulcer which put me in pain for a week or so when I ate. This made me so upset because I could look at my favorite food but not eat it. But I'm currently on medication so I have gotten my appetite back big time. Makan time anytime! I still have to eat a lot more before leaving. Gonna slave in the gym once I get back to MD.

I went to settle my visa to go to Japan this morning. I can't believe the lack of customer service the people working there have. Don't call me ethnocentric or "bagai kacang lupakan kulit"...I love Malaysia but shit like that makes me feel like I never want to stay or work here. I really think they should learn how to treat customers better. The foreigners working at the embassy treat our Malaysians better than our fellow Malaysians. When I went to the counter this morning, this Malay dude was busy reading his newspaper and didn't even look up when I greeted him. He finally did after a while and started doing his job. I needed proof of airline so I brought my original ticket along but they wanted a copy and instead of helping me photocopy it with their big ass machine right behind him, he asked me to fax it to them before 12pm the same day (assuming that I have nothing better to do). I asked the guy at the counter if all the documents were in place and he answered "We will call you if you are missing anything". Was that suppose to answer my question??

Anyway, I went with my dad to the office to fax whatever they need and more (according to my dad we should send as much as possible just to make sure its idiot-proof) and to make sure they got it, I called. They told me they didn't get it and asked me to refax it. Fine, I did. I came home and just got off the phone with them and they told me they didn't get it this time either. I actually asked them if they turned their fax machine on and the lady working there told me "MAYBE it's in our memory or MAYBE the fax machine don't have paper". WTF! Stress!!!!

Oh well, at least Japan will be worth it. Can't wait!!!!! We shall see how much weight a person can put on in 3 months. I hope the person picking me up at the airport can recognize me and not throw me out when I get in the car =)

No comments: