Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Monday, August 27, 2007

Making the most out of my time: Part 3 (Last days)

A few other funny incidents happened after mummy left as well. One of them is missing my last train home. I met up with my dance club friends after sending mummy off and we went drinking. By 11.45 p.m, everyone had to leave to catch their train but Miya-san and I stayed behind and bought some beer from the convenience store and drank in front of the train station, just like old times. We talked and he told me about his dream to become a dance producer and changing the dance industry there. We lost track of time and ended up talking till 1 am when I suddenly asked him the time, only to rush to the station and the attendant telling us it’s closed. So Miya-san did the next best thing…he sent me home on his bicycle! Not only was this my first time staying out this late but it was also my first time being sent home on a bicycle. It was a fun but scary experience because Miya-san was a little drunk from all the alcohol. I got lost trying to get back to Hiraishi’s house (I don’t know why I manage to get lost every single time in the same place!) When we manage to get back to my place, I was worried if he would even manage to find his way back! Haha.

Nomikai(drinking gathering) with my old high school dancers

The next day, I called up Michi because she wasn’t at the gathering and I really wanted to meet her. She was working at a salon in Ikebukuro so I headed out to look for her. Not knowing the place, I was walking and calling at every phone booth. After an hour of searching and calling, we manage to meet up but leaving me hot and sweaty. I ended up having to go to her salon and having her give me my first manicure since she was suppose to be at work. The experience was fun as I discovered a new part of Ikebukuro.

I manage to meet up with Amane and Natsuko as well over the next few days and we dressed up to go to Shinjuku, Shibuya and the upscale Roppongi. Amane went shopping with me for a new purse and walking into every LV, Gucci, Fendi and other branded store was so fun! I didn’t want to buy it that day because I didn’t bring my passport along but just browsing was an experience as I wouldn’t usually walk into these stores.

Looking for a purikura machine

Roppongi

The view of Tokyo Tower from Roppongi

Bling bling outside LV

Tomo-yo

Kampai! A toast to us!

The next day, I went shopping alone in the morning before heading to my school for the last time to meet up with some other teachers. I’m now the proud owner of a new Burberry purse. Meeting up Takiguchi sensei, Seihata sensei, Minowa sensei and Kitty-chan sensei before leaving was a fun experience as well. I rushed back in the afternoon to take purikuras with Tomo at Ikebukuro and then to Mc’Ds to meet Nobuyo. We had our last dinner with friends and family and I made bak kut teh for everyone. Miya-san, Michi and Daisukei showed up and it was a wonderful dinner. Tomo and I stayed up to watch my latest drama addiction, “Ikemen Paradise” which literally translates to “Paradise of Handsome Men”! Haha. Even mummy manages to like this silly comedy even though she didn’t understand what they were saying. Oh well, Japanese comedies are easy to understand just by watching.

Koishikawa High

Takiguchi sensei and I

Minowa sensei: my sweets supplier. Arigatou sensei!

Hello Kitty sensei

Seihata sensei: Please remember me this way!
Silly faces

My trip back to US was tiring as I almost missed my flight…twice!!! Haha. Thank god I didn’t as I would lose it this time. I didn’t realize my departing gate from Narita airport was changed and I was waiting for a long time. On impulse I checked my ticket and realize I was waiting at the wrong place!!! I nearly freaked out but luckily my plane was delayed and the attendants and Narita were searching for the missing passengers. I manage to board and for the next 11 hours, it was pretty much static. Upon arrival, I had less than 2 hours to clear immigration and board the plane. As our plane arrived late, I was in a major rush and the line was moving so slowly. I kept hearing the Japanese lady next to me telling the attendants she was going to miss her flight and I was almost confident I would miss mine. Apart from the long wait, I didn’t have any problems clearing immigration and customs and I was dashing to catch my flight. I boarded breathless and relieved. Just as I thought all bad luck would end, I arrived at BWI not only missing a promised face but missing one piece of my luggage and as well. After settling all problems, Warren, Pei Chi, Dr. Joe and I had dinner at ONS. I began to feel the jet lag after 2 glasses of wine and fell on the bed as soon as I reached home and waking up at 2 am. My luggage arrived safely at 4.30 am and now I’m still up at 6 am typing these down. Summing everything up, this whole summer has been like a rollercoaster ride…filled with ups and downs at an incredible pace. This is certainly the best and most memorable summer of my life! I’m missing it already!!!!

Back to the US of A

-Saraba tomoyo mata kono basho de aou, Sakura mae chiru michi wo, ue de-
(Goodbye my friends, we shall meet again next time, on top of the front where the cherry blossom falls)

Sakura by Moriyama Naotarou

No comments: