Welcome to my world!

Somewhere between my fantasy and what is real

Monday, August 6, 2007

Memories revisited

Yes, I'm in Changi airport for the 3rd time in my life. If you ask me, it's 3 times too many. Although they are voted the number 1 airport in the world, they are not the top of my list. Not only for the past 3 times I've been here was because of my 6 hour transit, but coming here throws me into a whirlwind of emotions. Everytime I come here, I experience the same set of emotions but in different order. This time its sadness, excitement and dread. Bad combination if you ask me.

I'm going to visit Japan again. Another place I can call home. This time however, I have my mum with me so I'm still holding on to a little part of Malaysia and my family with me...at least for now. I miss KL tremendously...coming back home was really the right thing to do. Old memories were revisited, new ones made and present ones carried with me towards the future.

I'm excited to see my host family again as well as my friends and family there. Some of my best memories were made in Japan. I can't wait to turn into the same corners of those streets I spent ages hanging out, taste the same food and meet the same people.

Another phase in my life has ended...something new should begin. I'm learning to let go and let live. If something is not meant to be, there's no use forcing it. I'm still holding on to the memories but I will learn to move on. Thank you for the memories.

No comments: